Simple Seasoned Pasta with Clams
By January 14, 2014Published:
This healthy, simple seafood recipe requires 2-pots, 3-steps and a mere 15 minutes to make. With minimal prep and cleanup, it’s a great way to get more fish into your diet or call it an easy day to be a foodie.
- 8-16 Oz Chopped or Baby Clams in juice Fresh, frozen or canned baby clams or chopped clams in juice
- Broccoli (or your hearty vegetable of choice)
- Pasta (linguini is our favorite choice)
- garlic (or your aromatic of choice)
- 1/4 White Wine
- Seasonings Dash of salt, pepper, parsley (or your preferred herb)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Optional Fresh Clam Garnish
- Start boiling not quite enough water to cover the pasta that you’ll cook. Add salt. Establish pasta cooking time (note: fresh pasta absorbs more water than dry and cooks very fast).
- In a sauté pan, roast minced garlic in olive oil over medium low heat and allow to caramelize. Add the chopped or baby calms and ¼ cup juice and simmer. Season with parsley, salt and pepper. Optional – add fresh clams and a splash of white wine in with the roasted garlic and cover until the fresh clams open.
- Cook the pasta. Stir immediately and then occasionally. Add the broccoli into the pasta pan 1.5 –2 minutes before cooking is complete. There should be little-to-no water to spoon out (or remove using lid of pan). Do not put in strainer (the starch helps thicken the sauce and the water retention helps keep the nutrients). Toss with sauté pan ingredients. The pasta, some starchy water, broccoli and the seasoned clams and olive oil mixture create a delightfully “sauced” pasta.
- Serving tips: Garnish dish with parsley or the optional fresh clams.