Reel Love Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
By February 12, 2014Published:
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbs Shallots Chopped
- 1 Lb spinach Washed
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- Splash of Pernod or anise liquor (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream half & half
- 6 Shucked Oysters in juice
- 1 Cup Grated Aged Hard Cheese
- 1 Tbs chopped Italian parsley or chives or both!
- Gather ingredients. Heat butter in sauté pan (better than olive oil in a cream based sauce)
Add chopped garlic and sauté to release sweetness and caramelize (sauté a couple minutes), then add chopped shallots (sauté a couple more minutes).
Toss in fresh, clean spinach with tongs.
When spinach wilts remove with tongs and set into small shallow casserole dish.
- In sauté pan (after spinach is removed), add wine and reduce, then add cream.
Bring to boil then reduce to simmer.
Season with salt and pepper.
Optional: add a splash of anise flavored liquor.
Add oysters into simmering sauce for about one minute to cook.
Top with parsley or chives.
- Remove oysters and place atop spinach in the baking dish.
Top with the sauce from the sauté pan.
Sprinkle on parmesan or your favorite grated hard cheese.
- Broil until golden grown.
- Serving tips: Serve with crisp baguette and a glass of Muscadet or an Idaho white wine
Recipe compliments of Reel Foods Fish Market, Boise, Idaho
- Cuisine: Seafood