Curried Cashew, Pear, and Grape Salad
By August 28, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
From the archives of Chef Mark Ballen, Executive Chef / Co-Owner of Reel Foods Fish Market & Oyster Bar
- 3/4 Cup Cashew Halves
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 10 oz Package mixed salad greens
- 1/2 Medium Bosc Pear Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Seedless Red Grapes Halved
- In a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast cashews until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove cashews to a dish to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, rosemary, curry powder, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, and toasted cashews. Set aside.
- In a Cuisinart or blender, add white wine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly pour in olive oil in a slight stream until well emulsified, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, toss dressing with greens, pear slices, grapes, and sprinkle with nut mixture.