Cold Cured Salmon Gravlox with Sweet Horseradish Mustard Sauce
By March 13, 2014Published:
Recommended Wine: 2012 Elk Cove Pinot Blanc
- 1 Fresh Slamon Fillet Boneless with skin on
- --- Cold Cure Mix ---
- 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Whole Black Pepper Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Juniper Berries Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- Fresh Dill Chopped - add to taste
- --- Sweet Horseradish Mustard Sauce
- 1 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- To make the mustard sauce, mix all the ingredients together, taste and adjust.
- Place the trimmed boneless salmon fillet skin side down on a nonreactive tray with shallow sides. Mix all of your dry ingredients thoroughly and evenly spread the mix on all the surface of the salmon. Evenly distribute the dill on top of the cure mix. Cover with parchment paper and a second tray. Place under refrigeration with a 2Lb weight on top (a large can of tomatoes will work). Leave the salmon to cure for 4-5 days. It will feel firm throughout when it is done. Remove any excess cure mix with a spatula or knife and slice. Keep refrigerated and well wrapped.